HAMPTA PASS TREK
The Hampta Pass Trek is one that is covered over a duration of 4-6 days depending on if you make a wise decision of visiting Chandratal Lake, which we recommend you do. The trek covers an approximate of 26 kilometers spread over multiple days and campsites. The maximum altitude of this trek goes up to 14,100 feet. The best time to visit is from Mid May – October. The weather ranges from pleasant to cold, and one should go prepared for unpredictable climatic conditions. The temperature varies from 12 degrees to 20 degrees during the daytime and -6 degrees to 6 degrees during night time.
Day 1: Drive From Manali to Jobra (9700 Ft.) and trek to Chika (10,400Ft.)
After early morning breakfast and a small briefing session, we begin our journey from Manali to Hampta pass, we drive towards Jobra around 8 am. We reach Jobra around 10 am and begin our trek through the most spectacular landscape, passing the Rani river and on one side and the rocky hill on the other. After an easy trek of approximately 3-4 hours, we reach Chika, our camp pit-stop for the night.
Day 2: Trek From Chika to Balu ka Ghera (11,900Ft.)
After early morning breakfast, we start our gradual ascent towards our second day’s campsite Balu ka Ghera. Admiring the scenic beauty of Dauladar ranges on the way we reach our campsite at Balu ka Ghera. We camp under the clear sky and get some rest for the next day’s trek.
Day 3: Trek from Balu ka Ghera to Hampta pass (14,100Ft.) to Siagoru (12,900Ft.)
The most spectacular day of the entire trek begins with an early morning breakfast. As we proceed to ascend towards the Hampta Pass we experience a 360-degree panoramic view, Hampta pass height is approximate 14,100 feet. After crossing the Hampta Pass, we descend towards Siagoru. After taking multiple breaks on the way and approximately 8 hrs trek we finally reach Siagoru, our third campsite.
Day 4: Descend starts from Siagoru to Chatru (11000Ft.), Drive to Chandratal
After breakfast, we make an easy descend through Hampta Pass to Chatru. The massive mountains of the Pir Panjal and Spiti ranges dominate the entire landscape until we reach the camp-site at Chatru. Chatru is a confluence point of paths from Rohtang Pass, Hamta Pass, and Spiti. We can have an opportunity to visit Chandra Taal and come back to camp at Chatru if the road and weather conditions permit because the road to Chandra Taal is closed at times due to landslides or snow. In case the road is found closed the Chandra Taal drive will not be done and camp at Chatru campsite.
Day 5: Drive from Chatru to Manali via Rohtang Pass
We break camps early to avoid the traffic jams at Rohtang Pass. After breakfast, we start the road journey for Manali via Rohtang Pass.
• 04 Night Tented Accommodation on triple sharing basis
• All Veg Meals from Breakfast on 2nd Day to Breakfast on Day 6th.
• Morning, evening tea served with light snacks while on Trek.
• All fees and permits for Indians are included.
• Basic First Aid Medical kits with Oxygen cylinder and Oxi Meter.
• Qualified and experienced Leader and support staff.
• All surface transfers from Manali – Manali (As per the Itinerary).
• Any Meals During Transit.
• Fees and permits for Non-Indian Residence are excluded.
• Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag
• Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.
• Any expenses of personal nature.
• Cost Escalation due to "Force Majeure" and evacuation charges.