Kedarkantha is quite a fascinating trek – it is easy yet it challenges you. It lies in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. The Kedarkantha trek distance is 23 km approximately. Kedarkantha temperature ranges from –10 to 10 degrees Celsius during winters and 0 to 15 degrees during summers. The highest altitude on this trek is 12500 feet/ 3810 meters. The best time to go to Kedarkantha is from December to February.
Day 1 : Drive from Dehradun to Sankri (6,450 ft)
We will arrange the transport and they will meet you at Dehradun railway station to pick you for a long but scenic drive Sankri via Mussoorie, Purola, Mori, Netwar along the Tons River. On arrival set out camp for overnight stay.
Day 2 : Trek from Sankri to Juda Ka Talab (9,000 ft)
After morning exercise we will have our breakfast and start the trek around 8 AM for our next camp Juda Ka Talab. We will camp beside the small pond surrounded by Pine and Oak trees. One can have beautiful views of snow-clad peaks from the Juda Ka Talab campsite.
Day 3 : Trek from Juda Ka Talab to Kedarkantha Base (10,600 ft)
Get up early morning to see the golden glow of snow-clad peaks. Post breakfast starts the trek to Kedarkantha Peak base which takes around 4 hrs to reach Kedarkantha Peak base. Enjoy hot lunch and explore the area.
Day 4 : Trek from Kedarkantha Base to Kedarkantha Peak and back to Kedarkantha Base (12,500 ft)
Today is a long day trek up to the summit of Kedarkantha peak, have your lunch with amazing views of snow-clad peaks of Yamunotri and Gangotri ranges. After spending some quality time at the peak we trek back to the nearby camping sites at the Kedarkantha Base.
Day 5 : Trek from Kedarkantha Base to Sankri
Trek down from Kedarkantha Base to Sankri via Hargaon on the well marked trail by stones. Trek down through a thick forest of Pine and Maple trees and at some places you will have open views of beautiful Har Ki Dun valley.
Day 6 : Sankri – Dehradun Drive back
• 02 Night Homestay / Guest House / Hotel accommodation in Sankri on a triple / quad sharing basis.
• 03 Nights tented accommodation on triple sharing basis.
• All Veg Meals from Day 1st Dinner to Day 6th Breakfast.
• Morning – Evening Tea/Coffee with light snacks.
• All fees and Permit (for Indians).
• Basic First Aid Medical kit wit Oxygen cylinder and Oximeter.
• Crampons if required.
• Camping Logistics.
• Qualified and experienced Trek Leader , Trek Guide and support staff.
• Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return.
• Meals during transit.
• Any expenses of personal nature.
• Any fees and permits ( for non-Indians).
• Cost Escalation due to natural reason.
• Anything which is not mentioned in above inclusions.