KUARI PASS TREK
Day 1 : Drive from Haridwar – Joshimath (260 km).
Today’s journey from Haridwar to Joshimath is about 260 km long and takes around 10 hours. Joshimath is a hub for pilgrim tourists traveling to Badrinath and Hemkund Sahib. Check in to the guest house /hotel at Joshimath.
Day 2 : Drive from Joshimath – Dhak, and Trek to Gulling Camp.
To start the Kuari Pass trek we first drive to Dhak village. At this village, we will start our trekking adventure to the Kuari Pass. We trek through a hemlock, oak and rhododendron forest for 3 km before a short descent to the meadow and campsite at Chitra Kantha (3310 m).
The impressive snow-capped ridge, including Chaukhamba 1 (7138 m), can be seen beyond Joshimath. The shepherds living between here and the Kuari Pass Trek are from Rishikesh or Haridwar and graze flocks of sheep and goats throughout summer. There is a small spring line at the head of the meadow for replenishing your water supply.
Day 3 : Trek from Gulling – Khullara.
We will start our day early with a few stretching exercises in the morning followed by breakfast. After this our trek leader will brief us about today’s trek schedule. Today we will trek for around 6 km to Tali Top through green vegetation and red rhododendron flowers which turn red during the blooming season in April & May.
Day 4 : Trek to Khullara – Kuari Pass and Return to Camp.
We will start early as this is the longest day on the Kuari Pass Trek. The first leg of today’s trek is a gradual ascend till Khullara top and from there traversing through the snow patch we reach Kuari Top. At Kuari Pass top winds will gush past you. Savor the unending vistas of great Himalayan peaks including the famous Nanda Devi.
Day 5 : Trek from Khullara – Dhak and Drive to Joshimath.
After having breakfast we trek downhill beside the Rishi Ganga River till the road where the taxi will take us to Joshimath. Auli which is not accessible by road during winters which is famous for its skiing slopes and are home to winter skiing resort run by GMVN (Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam). The Auli resort run by GMVN has snow beaters that beat the snow to keep the slopes fit for skiing at all times. GMVN also conducts 7 and 14 day skiing courses at Auli.
Day 6 : Joshimath – Haridwar (260 km drive).
Today we start driving early to reach Haridwar with a beautiful mosaic of memories to keep us company. If we reach Haridwar on time then you can
take part in Ganga Aarti at Har ki Pauri. Trek ends.
• All veg meals from day 2nd lunch to till day 5th lunch
• 03 Nights Tented Accommodation on triple sharing basis.
• Guest House / Hotel in Joshimath / Govindghat on triple sharing basis.
• Morning, evening Tea/Coffee with light snacks.
• All necessary fees and permits.
• Qualified and experienced Trek Guide and support staff.
• All camping gears complying with International standards
• Basic First Aid Medical Kits.
• Surface transfer from Haridwar – Joshimath – Haridwar
• Meals in Joshimath and while transit.
• Any expenses of personal nature.
• Insurance of any kind.
• Any cost incurred due to natural reasons.
• Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag.
• Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.