Day 1: NJP to Khopidara / Jaubari (84kms)
On Day 1, we will meet at the New Jalpaiguri railway station at 7:00 in the morning for our journey. Today’s journey from NJP to Jaubhari will take around 4-5 hours. Enroute we will stop for breakfast and also get fresh for the rest of the journey. We will reach Jaubhari in the afternoon and then you have the day to explore and enjoy the views.
Day 2: Khopidara / Jaubari to Tumling (12 km Trek)
The second day, we will start our trek to Tumling. The trek gradient is moderate and includes a steep climb and takes around 5-6 hours. You can fill up your water bottles at Chittrey, Lamyadhura, and Meghma.
Day 3: Tumling to Kalapokhri (13 km trek)
On the third day, we will follow the same routine of morning exercises, breakfast and a short trek briefing about today’s trek schedule. Today will trek for around 13 km to Tumling campsite to Kalipokhri. Along the trek route, you will able to see peaks of Kumbhakarna, Kangchenjunga, and Simco in the landscape. Below Kangchenjunga are Koktang, Rathong, Frey, South Kabru, North Kabru, Kabru Forked, Goecha and the ridge of Pandim just ahead of Simon. The trek route will go through Singalila National Park and will take you directly to Gabrias, a small village and then Kaiyakatta. 2 hours away from Kaiyakatta, you have your destination of the day, Kalipokhri. Pitch your tents and enjoy the dinner.
Day 4: Kalapokhri to Sandakphu (06 km)
Today we will go trekking from Kalipokhri to Sandakphu which takes around 3-4 hours, the trek gradient is easy to moderate. The trek goes through open meadows and beautiful views of snow-capped peaks like Makalu, Lhotse, Everest, Nuptse, Baruntse, Chamling, Chomolonzo, Machapucchare and other peaks of the Annapurna range. After trekking for approximately 3 hours you will reach the camp, enjoy the delicious lunch prepared by our team and enjoy the views of this trek in the Himalayas.
Day 5: Sandakphu to Sepi (16 km/ 7-8 hrs)
Today we climb down sharply through the deep forests. You will easily forget the long-distance as this trek makes up for that in the beautiful views and effortless descend. Once we reach Srikhola, we take the flat road to Sepi.
Day 6: Sepi to NJP (140 km)
After spending a night in Sepi and the beautiful views, we start our drive in the morning towards NJP. Scheduled time for arriving at NJP station is approx 2 pm. Here our beautiful trek ends.
• 05 Nights accommodation during the trek on a sharing basis ( Quad / Dorm).
• All veg meals from Dinner at Khopidara / Jaubari on Day 1st to Breakfast at Sepi on Day 6th.
• Microspikes (if required) – As per the snow condition.
• All necessary fees and permits for Indian residence are included.
• Qualified and experienced Trek Leader and support staff.
• Evening Tea with light snacks during the trek.
• Basic First Aid Medical Kit.
• Any Meals during Transit or not mentioned above in inclusion.
• Any expenses of personal nature.
• All fees and permit for Non- Indian Residence are excluded.
• Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag.
• Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.
• Transport NJP to Khopidara / Jaubari and Sepi to NJP
• Unscheduled stay due to landslide.
• Cost Escalation due to “Force Majeure” and evacuation charges